Architecture is considered 'Mother of all Arts'. It is a creative profession. We at Faculty of Architecture endeavor to provide the right environment to encourage the creativity of the students and equip them with the essential technical knowhow to enable them to design structures/spaces that are not only functional but also aesthetically pleasing and in harmony with surroundings.
- To be a pioneer in Architectural education to motivate and create tomorrow's leaders.
- To prepare the students to succeed and contribute to the society.
- To Provide a high-quality education, helping them to learn and pursue life-long scholarly activities.
- To develop the Faculty of Architecture into an internationally acclaimed centre for creative studies.
- To explore and divulge the needs of the built environment and thereby respond to the pressing needs of society.
- To provide the needed human capital and to create socially responsible professionals.
- To Provide research leadership in exploring new directions and new developments in the built environment.
Faculty of Architecture
- Faculty of Architecture is one of the 10 faculties of Dr. M.G.R Educational and Research Institute University.
- M. Arch with intake of 20 students in each in the following three disciplines was started in 2012.
- M. Arch in Landscape Architecture
- M. Arch in Interior Architecture
- M. Arch in Construction Project Management
- PhD programme will be commenced in 2017
- The curriculum is semester based. B. Arch is of 10 semester and M. Arch is of 4 semester duration.
- Council of Architecture norms are strictly followed in the conduction of the courses right from the duration of the courses to staff and infrastructure.
M. ARCH - Landscape Architecture
- The course aims at imparting proficiency in landscape assessment and design techniques.
- To knowledge by employing ecological principles while simultaneously balancing them with socioeconomic and cultural considerations
M. ARCH - Construction Project Management
- The programme takes a two pronged approach, to provide sound knowledge of the construction industry in the core subjects of construction systems, materials, environment, services, building law, contract administration and communications.
- The second focus is on specialist courses in planning and organisation, site management and estimation.
M. ARCH - Interior Architecture
- Sensitivity to human response in a space, critical research in the design approach and redefining conventional notions stays the FOCUS of the post graduation program in Interior Architecture at the Faculty of Architecture
- ISO 9001 - 2008 certified University.
- Well approachable campus within city limits.
- NAAC 'A' Grade Accredited
- NATA test centre with in the campus.
- Well qualified Director, Dean with varied experience.
- Well qualified and dedicated staff with National & International experience.
- Spacious studios, classrooms, well stocked library, computer labs equipped with latest software.
- Conference hall and auditorium with projectors and other electronic equipment for audio visual presentations.
- Internet facility for staff and students. A WIFI enabled campus.
- Construction Project Management course is specially designed for graduates in Architecture and specifically tailored to the industry requirement. Focuses on 4 areas of management competency: time, money, technology and people. Mastering these issues is key to the leadership function in modern construction.
- Effective teaching methodology - adopting interactive seminars, inspiring lectures , creative approach, hands on activities, practical site visits, educational tours etc.